Uniforms....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scchamblee, Mar 8, 2007.

1. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I talked with a guy today about possiblly doing the uniform thing. I mainly do all the work myself but have a couple friends that help out when i need it. I am mainly interested in so I dont have to worry about washing my nasty clothes all the time.

How many of you do the uniform thing and which ones have you found work the best for grass cutting a yard work.

Thanks for any input.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We have embroidered polo type shirt, because my business is more of a high impression type business. we are BIG on appearance. Many just use T-shirts with silk screening and this is always an economically way to go. The thing to consider though, is you want to go with a lighter color. I've seen guys go with red or dark blue, only to find that they are way hot - as they absorb heat. I know one guy that even went with a burgundy polo type shirt. Now THERE was some thinking ahead of time! It just doesn't work out the best.

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

We also have embroidered shirts. I give the option of a shirt or a collered shirt. As far as pants, I don't really care aslong as they arn't some crazy color or badly worn. I wear shorts some times but I don't let the employees wear shots. Unfortunatly they are forest green which is why I don't mind if they wear the thin Tshirts.

Cheers
    Jeff

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

I have embroidered polo's in red w/ white lettering and employee's wear red tank tops with white lettering on front and back. I asked my employees what they wanted and they said tanks would be much cooler so thats what they got. I have gotten so many compliments about how my crews look with their red tanks w/ white lettering all over and the shiny Toro's they use that are also red w/ white lettering. I have one of the sharpest crews in lawn care, we get compliments all the time. I also have jackets that are red w/white lettering on the back for the fall.

5. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

Im solo but i do wear a uniform. I have tee's and sweat shirts printed with company logo, and i wear either tan or green kahki's. I actually got a mowing account 2 years ago (im still mowing for her) coming out of a convenient store and someone saw my logo.