Uniforms

Discussion in 'Employment' started by FootHills Landscape, Aug 20, 2012.

?

uniform colors

Poll closed Sep 19, 2012.
  1. yellow shirt dark green pant

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. tan shirt dark green pant

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. brown shirt dark green pant

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. FootHills Landscape

FootHills Landscape LawnSite Member

What do we think of uniforms? right now my employess wear a company tshirt and jeans or carharrt pants. I was wondering if getting uniforms would boost business and referals. i was thinking dark green pants and a light yellow polo shirt with embroided logo. does anyone have experience with this and can tell me the dos and donts of uniforms. Thanks

2. blakescape

blakescape LawnSite Member

We just wear dickies or craftsman slacks and a company shirt, polo or button down. When its hot out, I wear shorts and a company t shirt. My company colors for uniforms are tan and blue so it would still be uniform if my guys wanted to wear blue jeans and a tan shirt while I wore tan slacks and a blue polo.
    I dont put any contact info on my uniforms, only the logo, since a professional image is my main goal.Also, uniforms are a must, imo, because I dont want a crew that looks like I picked up from 7/11.

3. FootHills Landscape

FootHills Landscape LawnSite Member

great info. it will get put to good use. haha. thanks

4. cjohn2000

cjohn2000 LawnSite Senior Member

My boss never pushes uniforms too hard except to be "reflective" in drivethrus, my bosses favorite t shirt of one of my co-worker's is the shirt that says "hit it strong". No not the best image for a small business.:hammerhead:

5. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Cintas polyester charcoal or khaki pants
    dark green collared shirt.