Uniforms

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Fwilamosky, May 14, 2013.

1. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

I have a couple shirts with the company on and I always wear tan work pants (Carhartt) to be exact, but during the summer I have seen a few larger companies around me wear tank tops. Now the tank tops are fully customized for the business, but would you ever let employees wear tank tops to work in?

2. Paul's Green Thumb

Paul's Green Thumb LawnSite Member

Only if my crews were female.

3. sven1277

sven1277 LawnSite Senior Member

My employees wear tan work pants or shorts and company t-shirts. Cutting the sleeves out or the collar off is not permitted. We also have long sleeve shirts and hooded zip down sweat shirts with company logo embroidered. I will never allow tank tops or shirtless.

4. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Customised wife beaters :laugh: No way!

5. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

Tank tops? Good lord...

6. caseysmowing

caseysmowing LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm ok with tank tops on the good looking females. For me not a chance. Tan work pants and moist wickening shirts. Not sure if that's what they are called.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

do they wear hair gel and a good tan with the tanks? Maybe it's Jersey Shore Mowing, Inc...

8. Fwilamosky

Fwilamosky LawnSite Senior Member

haha thanks for the opinions, yeah I haven't seen tank tops much on different companies but there are a few out there. For me collard shirts for mowing and mulching might be a bit much personally, but to each his own

9. GE734

GE734 LawnSite Member

Me and my brother both wear high viz green t-shirts with company name and phone number on it, i like the fact that drivers are more aware of me while im close to the road

10. Stars & Stripes Landscaping

Stars & Stripes Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from CT

I would go with no, personally I always put myself in the customers shoes and picture what I would say if I was paying x amount of dollars for a service... "Did these guys really just show up with tank tops? The f***...they think they're on vacation? GREATTTTT". Only time we were permitted to go shirtless or wear our cut off shirts was if we were mowing cemeteries.