Uniforms

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mp1901, Oct 10, 2013.

1. mp1901

mp1901 LawnSite Member

My father is a general contractor but has a lawn care division to his business. I just graduated college and am now becoming intricately involved. We are adding new uniforms and colors for the uniforms. I am curious as to what some of you use?

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Gray work pants blue screen printed t shirt with company name

3. mp1901

mp1901 LawnSite Member

Does the gray stain real bad? I was thinking khakis but I am worried about them showing stains real bad.

4. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Check out Duluth all there stuff has a life time guarantee. Know idea of your location but they have summer stuff to winter. that's all if a pair of pants gets a hole in then send them back and get a new pair in a week.

5. Middle Tennessee Lawn

Middle Tennessee Lawn LawnSite Member

We require khaki pants and furnish forrest green polos and hoodies that we have embroidered. We order 100percent cotton jerzee brand on the polos from t-shirtwholesaler.com they cost about the same as t-shirts
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. kemco

kemco LawnSite Senior Member

I have 4 or 5 pair of the firehose shorts that Ive been wearing for the last 3 or 4 summers man they hold up well. The first pair I ever bought around 5 years ago just to try them finally started to fray... wonder if that's covered under their warranty? With "regular" shorts I would get maybe a season out of them, probably have to mend the inside of the pockets a few times each season due to my keys, knife etc poking holes in them. That doesn't happen with the Duluth firehose line. I don't mind my crew guys wearing shorts cause it's just too dang hot and humid here. Heat indexes of 110 to 120+ are very common in mid summer.

7. Falcon50EX

Falcon50EX LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

Yes its covered under their warranty:) i had a pair of pants do the same thing around the boot area they sent me a new pair. I burned a hole in a shirt they sent me a new shirt. www.DULUTHTRAIDING.COM get on their email and this time of the year they send out 20% off entire order. They have cloths for the heat and for the cold north. I am in southern GA I wear long sleeve shirts and long pants all year long.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Silver Member

Khaki shirts and forest green pants look sharp. As an alternate "Class B" work uniform, you can substitute khaki with dark green shirts if there is a concern about your guys looking dirty. I don't know what type of expense account you're working with. But you can look into one of the national uniform providers, that will launder and repair your uniforms on a weekly basis. Check out:

www.arrowuniform.com
    www.cintas.com
    www.unifirst.com

9. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

I like Duluth, but MAN their expensive.

10. getdown

getdown LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I just can't imagine keeping khaki pants clean...as professional as it would look. I'm sure some guys do, but I have a hard time avoiding dirt...seems to be attracted to me...
    Posted via Mobile Device