Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnsRUsInc., Aug 15, 2004.

1. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

For the people that have uniforms for thier employees, where did you get them online store etc... I have screen printed shirts with khaki pants but i think i want another look. Thank you for your help.

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

what happens if you buy the clothes for your employee and he leaves or doenst work out that could cost alot of money? Due to you will have clothes that will bve tailored to his size.
  4. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats the part of doing business
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

part of the agreement that they sign when employeed is that all uniforms must be returned at the end of termination. If they are not, the cost to replace the uniforms will be deducted from their paycheck

Don't have the uniforms have their personal name on them, just the business name
  6. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Same as tiedeman. I have a form they sign when hired. It tells the number of shirts they have been issued & what color, size, etc. I WANT THEM BACK WHEN THEY QUIT. Don't want them getting in bar fights in my logo shirt. I have them sign that it costs them $25 per shirt not turned in - to be deducted from final pay check. That gets the shirts back!

7. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

GREAT products/price here.

They charge a fee to load your graphic for embroidery. Once they have it, you can buy all of their products you like w/ your logo.

I had 10 shirts and 3 hats made this year. Cost was under $200.00 (one time embroidery fee included). Very happy w/ them. We are wearing the long sleeve "poplin work shirt". Very comfy, keeps the sun off, and durable.
  8. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

Z-Clark, Are these poplin work shirts like the dickies work shirt?
  9. bushtrimmer

bushtrimmer LawnSite Senior Member

We rent through Aramark. Hard to rely on the guys to wash. Even giving them screen printed shirts and khakis, their shorts or pants always look like crap. Only costs like 6 or 7 bucks a week per person for shirts and pants to rent. When they no longer work here they just take back old and when we hire we get new for him.

We always hold last check until everything is returned.
  10. lawnchopper

lawnchopper LawnSite Member

my co went throught Ameripride they picked the worsted color imaginable
    navy blue pants and a light blue shirt also with these big ugly patches with the co name and our name :alien: . The problem is that we look like plummers and not lawn techs and when you go throught a uni service they are made for durability and not comfort so keep that in mind. The they guys who have to apply fert/weed control have to wear long sleeves and pants :realmad: at least the mowing crew can wear shorts