1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Unilock BBQ

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kootoomootoo, Apr 3, 2005.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Have any of you guys built one of these before. Assuming we build a frame to fit
    with brussels dimensional and a fair amount of adhesive but looking for the potential headaches/shortcuts from someone who has built one.

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think that is real nice. I have never seen anything like that before!!!
  3. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

I would love to build one of those where can I get the directions for that. I want to put one in my yard this summer. How about cost time and other factors. If anyone knows pass it on to me.
  4. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

We built one this year, but it was not as easy as that one. The one we built was on a radius and had a side burner. I have some pics, but the top or the grill is not installed yet. They are not the best pics, but I will post more next week of the finished product.

5. Residential Recreation

Residential Recreation LawnSite Member

the only potential headache is the gas line they are easy to do if you know anything about pipes. also chek out paveloc bbq as well its a wolf countertop grill and wolf makes the best kitchen equipment out there. you can use pretty much any gas grill the frame isnt too tricky but after a while grease and burnt food falls into the frame and cleaning it sucks
  6. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty easy to build. But, you need the manufactures specs. for the size opening you need to leave.

Also, I suggest using a solid material to act like a countertop. We used sandstone here. You don't want any food getting down into the cracks of the brussels.

7. opplandscape

opplandscape LawnSite Member

CG - Did you do that whole thing? It's beautiful. Can I ask how much a job like that would run.. We're still trying to get a handle on the pricing. We're about to bid on a paver patio and walk...
  8. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, we did the whole thing It was 3,400 sq ft of pavers, raised up on three sides by a 2.5' high retaining wall. Project also included sitting walls, pillars, gates, lighting, landscaping, and of course the grill.

All together the project was like $95,000 or so (plus the pool was another $65k) payup

9. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

How is the grill's weight supported in the pic you show. Is it resting on the block or did you attach something to the block to support it.
  10. opplandscape

opplandscape LawnSite Member

How big is your company? People, sales, etc... I checked out your website. My partner and I are where you were in 98,,sort of.... Just curious