1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Unilock Warranty

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SLI2421, Jul 31, 2002.

1. SLI2421

SLI2421 LawnSite Member

Hi. I am new to this site. What a great place. I spent a couple of hours reading through the different forums.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with warranties on Unilock jobs - warranties beyond Unilock's manufacturer warranty.

A lot of customers want a warranty - which we are willing to do - but I just need a starting point or some advice on what is reasonable, etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

If your a certified installer of Unilock product you'll have to offer a 5 year warranty.
  3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

5 years ! Wow.

I suppose it's no big deal ... if you make it past the first year with no problems in your workmanship then the rest should be a breeze.
    Our basic warranty is one year on everything but I have never seen us refuse a request after that. The important thing is to deal with any warranty concerns in a timely manner. Some of the best PR money can buy.
  4. Since water and workmenship are your enimies, why wouldn't you pass on the 5 year warrenty?
  5. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

LGF ... please explain your post

Our workmanship is certainly not our enemy ... in fact it is our greatest asset. Not sure where the water came from???
  6. Workmanship; meaning you belive in your work.

Water; meaning it is the easiest destroyer of wall instalations, falls back to workmenship.

Enimies; meaning if not done correctly. You got the post.

The question was; why would you not pass on the warrenty?
  7. mike48114

mike48114 LawnSite Member

The Unilock authorized contractor program in Michigan requires at least a 2 yr. warrantee against defects in workmanship...unilock warranttes thier material for life !