1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Unique techniques

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AGG Lawn Maintenance, Jun 9, 2000.

1. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Every year I brain storm on ways to stay head of the game. After 13 years I still find myself learning. My grandfather told me he kept learning after being a Mason for 40 years. What keeps you guys ahead of your comp?<br>Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance :eek:)
  2. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Consistency, quality, and talking to your customers I think is what will keep you in the game longer than your competition. I have been fortunate to have picked up some lost business from my competitors recently and the main reason is we are always consistent on our quality. That word will spread, we don't do anything special other than talk with our customers when they want to talk, which is sometimes too often, but it's an aspect of the job that will keep you in good standings with them.<p>Homer
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

what is the key to success? there are a bunch of keys on that key ring.<p>for me the key to success was spelled by...<p>showing up when the others didn't!<p>showing up on time when the others didn't!<p>doing what I said I'd do when the others didn't!<p>I had the competition licked before I got started. it just took a while for the word to get around!<p>good luck to you in your market!<p>GEO