Unique/unusual mowers???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Vibe Ray, Feb 10, 2001.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

What are some of the most unique/unusual mowers you have ever seen??? Please post a link or a picture if you can.

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I don't know about unique/unusual but I have had a yazoo s-24 big wheel for the last 15 years. it was purchased for residential use when I bought my home but it sees commercial use from time to time.

what's unusual is the drive system and how you adjust it. I can't believe anyone came up with that design. but then...it is 20 years old and still cuts great so I don't know if the design is that bad.

the five horse cast iron briggs is indestructable!

GEO

3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Someone (might have been you, I can't recall) posted a link to a company in England Mower Direct or something like that that had a bunch of 22"'rs with rollers in the back instead of wheels. Thats unusual I think! ;)

I have also seen a go cart here made by wolf garten of Germany that has a lawnmower deck under it. Weird I guess, huh? Pretty cool though. Wish I had a big yard for it, neighbors would all be jealous!

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

[​IMG]

5. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

guido
    that was me that put that post up anyway here it is http://www.mowdirect.com

check out that honda mower ,how much is that in american dollars.

i would bet it would make some cool stripes

may be Eric could post a picture of one of them ? sorry i have no scanner.

eric are those the new greatdanes that john deere is coming out with.lol

[Edited by rdh on 02-11-2001 at 02:53 AM]

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I think 500 GB pounds = $725 or somewher close to there, not positive though, but its close!

[Edited by guido on 02-11-2001 at 03:46 AM]

7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Those pictures are the shape of things to come when John Deere buys Dixie Chopper. We're all in trouble. John wants the nostalgic look and he's buying up the entire market so he can force these antiques back on us! Oh no, I see the prices going through the roof.

I would like to have one though, I bet they cut really good!

8. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

There is actaully a landscaper in my area who used Locke mowers like the ones in erics pictures up untill about 6 years ago. They had about a 80inch cut but went very slow.

9. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I think the pictures in Erics photos are old Ransomes mowers. Try the antique lawn mowers museum site for some interesting stuff.

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Here's one for ya. I use it to.........well I really used to use it.............well not really, it was given to me though. Cuts good..........well it might. It does have the striping kit on it, check out that wooden wheel.

[​IMG]