United Rental to buy RSC

Discussion in 'Rental Equipment' started by SellingIron, Dec 16, 2011.

1. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

I guess service would differ for areas, Sunbelt here is a little cheaper than RSC, I will say that Ive used RSC in other areas than Springfield and everything was ok.
  2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

I prefer to rent straight from Bobcat or Cat whenever we need something. I've always had good luck this way. Machines are normally less than a year old, and can get any attachments we could ever need.
  3. manac

manac LawnSite Member

This deal may get axed still needs regulatory approval from what I heard .
  4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

It will be a good time to be Genie, JLG, etc. if it does go through. I could only imagine the size of those AWP orders.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Alpha Property

Alpha Property LawnSite Senior Member

I have a good friend thats a shop foreman at our united and their location has been buying up some of the smaller local guys for a while. He said they realy want to control the rental rates and raise them considerably over the next few years
  6. Impact-Vector

Impact-Vector LawnSite Member

Bing bing bing!

That's the only reason companies buy out other companies!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I've never dealt with either as they don't have branches here but they can try as much as they want to raise prices, guys will rent from others or just buy things on their own.
  8. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

RSC sucked and could care less for the little guy. No 1/2 day rates either. They grew in the economic boom and failed to adopt new more customer-friendly concepts as economy got worse.