1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Universal Technicians???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by SoonerTurf, Oct 26, 2007.

1. SoonerTurf

SoonerTurf LawnSite Member

Has anybody had any success with utilizing techinicans for all types of applications.

Ex: techinician goes to house to treat lawn, three days later another tech goes out to spray inside and out of home for pest, one week later another tech goes out to check and/or treat for termites.

Has anybody had good success in having one tech treat everything?
  2. (wi) Roots

(wi) Roots LawnSite Member
    from 9

What's up? Sound good enough, but I would have a problem with someone who could actually commit themselves long enough to hold all licenses. Not to mention the paperwork, msds sheets, and calibrations, etc. Good thought for a retailer, but in our line of work, it would be easier to keep it simple.
  3. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We require all our tech.s to work toward getting lawn, tree/shrub and industrial weed to advance in pay as well as promotions.

That said, we do not mix interior and exterior disciplines
  4. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

All of my tech are universal they my only pratice one but can ID problems for the other techs or solve it for them when they are right there.