unleaded gas $1.25, diesel $1.33 ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by recliner5, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Randy I think the reason Diesel is more than gas is because companies know that people are switching to it for MPG reasons. And the greedy S O B s they are are out to make a fast buck on it.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Diesel should cost less than the cheapest gas becuse they do less refining on it.So when we see it for more than gas we know that the state or stations are gouging us.in Mass it's still hight so the state is getting there tax money on it they have some nerve the roads su*k here.

3. jsr2741

jsr2741 LawnSite Senior Member

Randy, my truck has a couple of additions. Its has an afe mega cannon air filter and I just put on a 4 inch straight piped exhaust. It also is running 3:55 rear end and 5 speed. More additions to come.

I was pretty amazed too. I was getting about 19 mpg until the changes but this was the first long drive where I had the new add on's. My guess is that I didn't have a head wind to drive into or coming back home so my guess is that it'll probably drop down to around 20 or 21 mph.

Brickman is right about the older trucks getting better fuel mileage. The old 12 valvers got about 3 mpg better and my buddy who has a 95 PSD is getting 22 mpg and has no modifications.

The great thing about the diesel is the more power they make the better the mileage. Go figure.

4. fastlane

fastlane LawnSite Senior Member

In PA road use taxes are higher on diesel than gas.( big trucks wear out the road ?)

5. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

Thats all you pay for gas here in British Columbia its $3.45 per gallon