1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Unleaded Plus in Trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willjones4, Mar 5, 2008.

1. willjones4

willjones4 LawnSite Member

I saw on my Echo trimmer and edger they recommend 89 octane fuel. Does this help? Is it worth the cost?
  2. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I only use 93 in all my 2 stroke and they don't need to be serviced as much since I made the switch
  3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I use 91, can't hurt, last thing I need is to use too low.
  4. TwistedSister

TwistedSister LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Ive always use 89. No problems at all. I dont think 87 would hurt anything but I dont honestly know, 89 is all I've ever used.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

All I use is 93 premium, runs better longer.
  6. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

There was a thread about this a few days ago.look it up and check the responses.I think it was titled 93 vs 87
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I use 89 as my manuals state.
  8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I use mid-grade gas also, just as my manuals say to do ... the last thing I would want to do is something which could potentially void the warranty !!
  9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you find using 93 gas helps the equipment I never used the 93 gas. I'm getting around 1800 hours on kohler 20hp what are you getting on your engines. The 2 stroke I will say 400 to 500 tops at full throttle.:waving:
  10. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I use regular gas because I can't see the need. The higher the grade the hotter it burns, the higher the rpm's the hotter it burns. Having said that, the increased cost for using 93 is nothing when compaired to all other expenses. The best parts of life are the choices. Read the book that came with the trimer and go with it.