unlevel area new loam

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by ccas, Apr 24, 2006.

1. ccas

ccas LawnSite Member

Just had my home built was going to seed this coming weekend, However there have been a few rains since the loam was put down. Now there are a few sink holes or unlevel areas. Should this be a concern before seeding? Should I try my best top fill them or will they eventually level themselves out?

2. richardmb01

richardmb01 LawnSite Member

Absolutely fix it now if you wait it will be alot harder to fix later.

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

where in NH are you from?.........yes i agree with first poster, fix em now, that can easily get worse and doing it later will make the yard look worse and will be harder to do

4. ccas

ccas LawnSite Member

So, the best way to do that? Just buy bags? Then does it need to be packed or can I just leave it?

5. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Got some old chain link fence around or can you get a lawn drag mat? Put your new material down as best you can and drag the lawn to get a nice even lawn. If you are getting bumped around on your garden tractor it is too rough and will grow in that way. A good keystone mat or an old piece of chain link with some posts or rr ties on it will do wonders.

6. ccas

ccas LawnSite Member

can i just rake it up? do i need to roll the lawn after i put the seed down?