UNLEVEL backyard

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by dmjohnston72, Apr 20, 2008.

1. dmjohnston72

dmjohnston72 LawnSite Member

we had our home built almost 3 years ago. We knew the backyard was not level during construction but thought SURELY they would level before laying sod. WRONG!!! WE have a good sized back yard and not only does it slope from midway of yard to back fence, it also slopes probably a good 4 to 6 feet on the right side of our yard. We can completely look into our neighbors back yard from our porch and we have a 6 foot wood fence. I want to dig up the entire yard and level it flush with the midsection of yard. We've already built a deck on the back of the house that comes out 8' and I am planning to build a retaining wall around the deck area so I'm not real concerned about that portion being level. Can someone tell me what my best option is to get this all tilled up or dug up and leveled out? THANK YOU!!!! :help::help::help:

2. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

Pics would help. Sounds like bobcat work and some tilling

3. dmjohnston72

ok. I can take some today but how do i post them up on here?

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

There is an option to upload pictures that you attach to your post !!

5. dmjohnston72

ok, i believe I just attached two pictures

002.jpg

003.jpg

6. dmjohnston72

is there a tiller that can be rented for a project like this? this is a project that I am having to do on my own as my husband will be having back surgery in the near future so he is out of commission for awhile. my son HATES playing in the yard because its so uneven

7. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

home depot rents alot of yard machines u will need a truck that can haul it to your house tho

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

I was thinking a bigger lawn then that!

You can rent it and most rental yards will drop it off and pick it up for u too.

9. dmjohnston72

our yard is bigger than that, this is the only portion that I am referring to as having the bad slope. this section in the picture is only 1/4 of our yard but its the WORST!!!! But I want to level the entire yard. I guess I will check with Home Depot and Lowes to see what I can rent. thank you all for your help

10. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

I would check with a real rental place also...

Might want to thank about paying a Contractor $3-400.00 to have them bring in a bobcat and grade it for you..