unlicensed applicators/operators

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Coreyb, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

it's getting ridiculous. i talk to new propects everyday, and through our conversation find out that their lco does not put out lawn flags after apps (which is required in illinois) others do not have licenses at all. i guess it time to start turning them in. i don't like to be a snitch, but i also don't like losing business to someone that doesn't know what they are doing or are not following the law. what would you guys do??
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

that's what the state chemist is paid to do! give them a call and let them do their job. We pay insurance, license fee's and training cost to be called "Professional Lawn Experts"
  3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

No offense , I do not think thats a good reason to turn 'em in.

Coryb has a better one , unless he's exaggerating and everyone does , just to get the point across .
    I will not tuen them in , WHY , because SPCC of AZ will invite them in and show them how to get licensed , that's worse .
    It means they will be competeing against you in the YP and every where else.
    You , yourself , tell the unlicensed people how bad itis if they get caught , scare them
  4. Coreyb

Coreyb LawnSite Member

scaring them is a good idea. they can still get licenesed though. does anyone know what a first time offender penalty is?? are we talking significant fine or slap??
  5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Make something up , like , $5,000 in fines .Second time , jail time
  6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

I reported Five companies in today to the DEP rep. that does the investigations. I can care less if they tell them how to get licensed. The test here is very hard with only 12% passing rate.
  7. Mgardner

Mgardner LawnSite Member

The get a cease and disist order. If they continue without a licence it`s $3500.00. Illinois. I have turf and ornamental categories in Illinois and I have the same notions,but no time on my hands ,otherwise I`d go after them by submitting complaints to the regional office of Dept. of AG. Addresses of where the violation is occurring. I knew one knuckle head that serviced a Lesco center (roundup in beds) that had previously screwed Lesco and the Lesco guy popped out a camera and sicked them on him. They hounded him and gave him a cease and disist order by certified mail. :cry: