1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Unload / loading trailer time saver

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smcunningham, Apr 28, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

Cut 24mins off my total time by doing this the past two weeks in a developement that I have several accounts in.....Does anybody else do this.....I leave trimmer/blower/gas can and edger on back patio while maintaining props so they dont grow legs and walk off:walking:

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 035.jpg
  2. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have been thinking of making a rack for my walker frame so i can carry a trimmer and edger on it out front it might be in the way a little but i would like to carry a edger and weedeater to each house on this same street about 7 in a row but they are decent size lots so i am about a block away from the truck by the time im done what i have been doing is edging all of them all they way down then trimming all of them and then getting on the walker and mowing all of them. im still in the thinking mode on this but ive alwase wanted to fab up somehting
  3. rmland

rmland LawnSite Member

I have a place 5 yards all in one stop. I make big circles, mow, weed eat, blow. It took many times before I got it right. Even now I have space out days when my system gets messed up, it can set me back 45 minutes. I love your set up keep on trucking with that scag
  4. pclawncare

I think me and rmland do pretty much the same thing right now all i have to say smc is make sure you have a full head of trimmer line. It will make you steaming mad if you get to the furthest account and run out of trimmer line been there done that.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Now there is another good reason to learn how to edge with a trimmer rather than carring two devices for that job. And basically not a good idea you will eventually have an accident and hit something or damage a trimmer, I know I lost one that way and I only had a trimmer. Works okay on Walker type of controlls but not on scag type of control arms.
  6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Truck goes faster than 10 mph. How long does it take you to load? Put gate down, start, drive off, drive on, put gate up and leave. It doesn't take that long.
  7. Midwest Lawn Services

Midwest Lawn Services LawnSite Member

One man operation? Looks like it would work. Kudos to you for innovation. We have 2 man crew on each site, eliminating the need to secure additional equipment to the mowers. 2 men can work almost 1/2 the time as one!
  8. GroundControlLawnCare

GroundControlLawnCare LawnSite Member

im doing the same thang as we speak. i have a grass hopper with a sissy bar on the back that my rack will attach to. im building it out of verizon man hole hardware. post som picks when done.
  9. pclawncare

Ya id like to see some pictures when your done ground control i have a grasshopper too so i might be able to get some more ideas