Unloading lawn mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, May 6, 2004.

1. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you guys unload your lawn mowers from the bed of the truck?

I find that I'm using 2 pieces of wood; 2x8x8 seems like a good idea..

But what do you guys do when the job has 3 levels that you have to unload your lawn mower?!?

2. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

99% of us do not unload from the bed of a truck. Nothing screams SCRUB louder than this. As soon as you are able to afford it, for goodness sake buy a trailer. Carrying all of your equipment in the bed of a truck is not only unprofessional, it is dangereous to unload as well.

3. alpine692003

Well, I see tons of people over here doing that where I am

These guys are professionals' as well, I see them in their brand new dodge ram's / f150's ..

oh well, what can ya do

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

idk we use trailors so idk what to tell you the only thing i carry in the back of a truck is snowmobiles.... its just more professional

5. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Don't listen to them alpine692003. Some people do this because they have to. Tight streets, no parking, there is many variables that go into it. In fact, some companys make great lifts for your truck. I've seen some with 32" in back with all the other tools of the trade. Go with what works for you.

6. alpine692003

Its okay, I was considering getting a snowbear utlity trailer 8000 model series.

Just to load my lawn mower, grass trimmers, bags of grass clippings, blowers for now!

i wont be hauling stones yet!

7. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Treated 2 x 8's do not make a good ramps. They are slick and only get slicker with use. Mowers or ATV's slide off of them to easily and they like to kick off of the edge of the tail gate about the time that the front wheels reach the top.

If I can not pick it up myself. It goes on a trailor.

8. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with most people saying you need to get a trailer. If your not making enough money to buy a cheap trailer for under $1000 then your in the wrong business or doing something wrong. You could do so many more accounts not having to take the time to get everything out of the truck. If you are making enough money to afford a trailer but just don't want one... maybe you should look into a cabover or something?

9. LuxuryLawns

LuxuryLawns LawnSite Member

I fond that at are local farm store I can get a 4'x6 for about $600.

10. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

You can get a 4 X 6 for under $400.....but here is a question related to that....WHY?? Get something you can use for more than a few months!