Unloading the camera..

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jun 18, 2008.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Ok guys...

Just for the record, I'm back @ the bottom of the pole. I install what a Rep bid's out...Many things I have been doing I take issue with....I was warned about coming to corporate America and having to Install what someone
    who has barely any irrigation exp bids out...The kid is great and is still learning, but needs to study precip rate very closely...thats all i will say.
    So please take this as a strong caution from now on....

Deal?

I have used 3/8's funny pipe to 17mm drip fittings....mixed sprays n rotors....Put bubblers on drip zones.....

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

ok guys here goes..
    12 heads needed to be raised, replaced, and some relocated due to plow's and touristas poor driving..
    me/fellow tech discussed pros/ cons on moving them up..He assured me that even in this sandy soil climate the water from the hunter pro sprays shooting up hill that gravity would keep the soil close to the road wet.....time will tell Comments?

heads in question

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

someone needs to lay off the fast food
    [​IMG]

sandy soil great digging heads most likely not packed properly
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

want more?

3. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

they wont let you wear shorts? nice pics i wish we had that sandy stuff here.

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

I think your allowed to...but all the years I have been doing irrigation I have
    always worn pants....Can't do it anyother way..unless its turn ons no digging in july..

Check out the double front fit padded knees on the pants..both sides tabooooot

5. jimmyburg

jimmyburg LawnSite Senior Member

they look like they get heavy when wet like jeans.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Slope helps out the watering. I see enough poison ivy to not mind wearing the jeans. Painter pants are good in hotter weather.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

Ive got some on my arms from a few weeks ago,furthermore I've used primer on my arms today 3 times to deter potential P.I.

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i never wear shorts, its not bad if you NEVER wear shorts, you get used to it.

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

bingo...Im seriously thinking about buying those poly prop undergarments

10. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Senior Member

I would probably leave the field if i couldn't wear shorts. that would drive me nuts.