Unprofessional?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Johnson LCO, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Johnson LCO

Johnson LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I plan on targeting areas with postcards (covering each 3 separate times) and I really dont want to mail, I know someone who will walk around and distribute them much cheaper. I would rather not have to pay postage but I was wondering where I should put them since I cannot put them in the mailbox. And yes, I know what doorhangers are but they seem much less profesional and I am targeting upscales customers. So, where do you guys think I should put them and does it look less professional than mailing?

2. Lawnboy70460

Lawnboy70460 LawnSite Member

I tape mine to the front door. but another question arises, How many people actually use their front door? In upscale neighborhoods most have garages they drive into with access to the house from that way. I guess it's just a chance you take.

3. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I'll send out post card like reminder of me to my customer in the late January with them I do hit other addresses on there streets. In new neighborhoods to me i do flyer's.

4. F Y P M

F Y P M LawnSite Member

Early Sunday mornings in there paper!!

5. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

Dude just break down and buy some post card stamps.

6. Lawnboy70460

Lawnboy70460 LawnSite Member

I like that idea. Never thought of that one.

7. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

tape them to their front door.

8. paydex

paydex LawnSite Member

the local pennysaver publications will insert your flyer/ad with the door to door delivery for much less then postage.

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

90% of my customers couldnt even tell you what color their front door is. They havnt looked at it since they bought the house.
    Im guessing you work in an urban envirement.

10. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

having worked for a police dept in a wealthy community, most people dont want some guy knocking on their door, and if you do, your soliciting and need a permit