Unprofessional!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfdude, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Yesterday, my lawn care manager informed me that he was very tempted to punch out a competitor. By nature, this man is NOT violent, argumentative, nor controversial. Here's the situation: He was doing an app at one of our accounts, when this idiot mowing the lawn next door comes right by him discharging all of the debris from the "star of Bethlehem" grass onto him, then proceeds to laugh histerically. My manager confronts the guy, demands an apology, inquires why he was discharging onto our clients beds, turf and property. The guy gives him a lame apology and half ***** answer. My manager then tell the guy if he sees any evidence of this again that he'd hunt him down and kick his *****.
    This is just another reason why I too despise scrubs. I am very surprised that my man did not give the competitor a good slappin. I am proud of him for being professional, but would have understood otherwise if the scrub would have been more abrasive.

2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard of neighbor disputes.. but this one may be some sort of holy war....LOL

Seriously, I am an easy goin' guy... but I would've been just as angry....... think of what one rock / stick / or some other debris would feel like coming out of that chute at 200 mph+!

I think I would've pointed that out to him, then removed my prosthetic eye and said " see what can happen a$$h*Ie"
    (Not how it happened, but he wouldn't know that)
    Might just make him go away feelin not so big........

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think I would have went to the owner of the property that the competitor was mowing, brought them out and showed them all the grass that went next door into the beds. Hit the competitor where it hurts....their wallet.

MATT

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i would have fallen to my kneees, holding my eye, swearing he hit me in the eye with the "discharge". called my attorney, and take it from there

5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

LOL, I would have gotten a little pissed off myself. Just goes to show that other companies don't believe in professionalism. I don't know what I would have done. If the guy was a real wise@ss who know's. Good thing you have professionals working for you. :cool:

6. Dependable Lawncare

Dependable Lawncare LawnSite Member

I would have grabbed the backpak, and blast him back with his junk on his next pass......but that's just me. :cool:

7. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

That star of Bethlehem is not just wet, it's slimey. I went through a lot of it at my place, with the string trimmer, and ended up undressing on the back porch and heading straight in the shower. The clothes are still out there.
    Your man was doing an app, and didn't spray the SOB? I admire his restraint.
    Crawdad

8. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Crawdad,

What was your customers reaction seeing you run through their house naked toward the shower!? Now thats unprofessional!And you could have at least taken your clothes when you left.:eek:

9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

1 dozen wire coat hangers should do the trick.:D

10. Leone LawnCare

Leone LawnCare LawnSite Member

star of bethlaham?