Unprofessional??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 94chevytruck, May 12, 2004.

1. 94chevytruck

94chevytruck LawnSite Member

I just looked out my window and saw two guys with a scag and an exmark riding down the street with their shirts off. They were banging the mowers on the street getting all the grass out. Is this unprofessional. this i see a lot her!

2. Capal

Capal LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

just be glad it's not your equipment or employee's

3. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Go outside and yell at them in Spanish

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

Maybe they were drag racing. Lawn mower racing is getting more popular every year!

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

"banging the mowers in the street", no girls on the crew?

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats more stupid than unprofessional. What a couple of idiots.

7. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My guys "never, and I mean never" take off their shirts while working. First of all that lacks class, second it's just plain disgusting ( especially one of my guys ) and third who wants to mow grass and weed wack with their shirt off. ( morons, complete morons )

8. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i dont let anyone in my crew take off their shirt, i also make them wear jeans or long pants, never shorts, and i dont let them carry their cell phone with them, if they need to callsomeone they can ask to use my phone, or if someone needs to call them, they can give them my number. how many of you dont let your employees not bring cell phones on the job? or am i just being stupid about it. the only reason i do it is because i had one employee who would talk on the phone whenever i wasnt looking. so i banned my employees from bringing phones on the job.

9. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

My guys can use their cell phones in the truck only, when we are going from one account to the next but when we arrive and start working, all phones stay in the truck, even mine...period

10. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Premier, not to sound like a wiseguy but if you only have 20 lawns, why do you have employees? I don't agree with banning cell phones, just be upfront about when the best time is to use them.