Unreal. Maybe another big storm in NE March 17/18.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnguyland, Mar 13, 2005.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Accuweater.com says there is the potential for another snowstorm in the northeast at the end of this week. Un freakin' baahhhleeeveable. I like snow money, but enough is enough. Then again, as long as it all melts and is dry by Monday, I'm down with it. May be in the 50's next week on Long Island.

PS as this directly affects commercial lawn care, I posted it here.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yah, I'm done with snow. Didn't feel like going out at all Saturday morning either. Started on the mowers last week and still have alot to do though. I don't see us starting till April this year. Unfortunatley. :rolleyes:

3. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yes we do, but what does temperatures have to do with a recent storm prediction?

5. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

So........? I also look at NWS, etc. what does it matter?
    P Aponte, I'm still waiting to build a small shed and finish equip prep too, but the snow never ends! I think this will be the latest start around here in at least 10 years. Stupid snow (shaking fist at sky).

6. GetSomeGOJO

GetSomeGOJO LawnSite Member

First, not enough, now too much. and they're worried about global warming. Well, We'll show 'em, we'll grow oranges in Alaska.

7. svlandscape

svlandscape LawnSite Member

Hey bring some of that cool weather over here! It was 95 degrees F. last week! :cool:

8. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

March and April is when we tend to get the big storms. Why does everyone seem to forget that every year?

9. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

The storm prediction includes snow, right? It's the cold weather that's really driving the conversation, right? :dizzy:

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Unlike the light fluffy stuff we get in January and February, snow in March or April is usually the real wet and heavy crap that breaks your equipment...broken front axles, blown trannies and clutches, etc. Even I have had enough this season so far...did I say that??? :dizzy: