Unsuccessful Businesses

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Brian B, Jan 29, 2007.

1. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, I get it... Yeah, I don't suppose I would be putting up pictures of those times I flew over the handlebars on my Web site (with some caption to the effect of 'when I mow your grass, I mean it...')

I am thinking of putting up a gallery thou, and unfortunately some of the pictures are of equipment torn to pieces as it's being rebuilt...
    Still, it's being fixed, not destroyed.

Makes sense.

Those were general things, nothing to do with that company.

I did miss their gallery the first time, thou.
    I can kinda see why all the rest of the guys were laughing ...
    The bit with the edging snakes, that was too much.

2. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

ROFLMAO! :laugh: :laugh:

3. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Not for nothing, but we all have times on the job when it gets goofy and fun. You have to when youre working in the heat all day.

Those pics would be funny to have back at the shop but not on a website.

Think about a condo manager looking at that site. The first thing he would be able to think are the calls he would be getting from owners with those guys on the property.

4. Krehling's Prop. Maint.

Krehling's Prop. Maint. LawnSite Member

i know of a business in my area that is going through some rough times, they bought too much new equipment and over exteneded themselves and they ended up with all kinds of problems like not being able to pay their crew supervisors. they cant even make it through the winter without a credit line. i dont know if they are going to go under soon or if thy're going to try to hang on to it as long as they can

5. Krehling's Prop. Maint.

Krehling's Prop. Maint. LawnSite Member

oops posted the same thing twice

6. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

LOL just a joke. i know of one that is falling apart by me would be clean cuts

7. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

How about that flag on the trailer... really patriotic.:laugh: :usflag: :usflag:

8. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Excellent point!

This is a business folks. You need to think like a business owner. Doesn't matter if you are a 1 person operation or have several crews.

9. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

too bad bobby gedd is not here anymore, you could ask him... he's a good example of how NOT to run a business....

10. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Most the time its because people think just cause you can cut grass or lay some brick you know how to run a profitable business