Unusual Problem for Hustler Rep

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by VBsnow, Dec 17, 2007.

1. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

I researched as much as was possible before I decided on what mower to buy for my property. I ended up on a Hustler due to the perceived reliability; but more so for the service that was being provided via this website. I should say that in all I have been very happy with the machine. In fact, I am going FT Pro in 2008. I am currently shopping for mowers and have been looking at 2 Hustlers. However, the local dealer in Chesapeake, VA. has been extremely rude in my dealings with them. I was simply asking what information I should bring with me for a warranty repair on another piece of equipment and could not find a live person to speak with. They told me I could e-mail them and they would get back with me when they could. I called for a "manager" and actually got the owner...who hung up on me. I called back again thinking it was an employee pretending to be the manager and found out it was indeed the owner who told me it was e-mail or nothing. Well, I live an hour away from this location and cannot wait until they feel like getting back with me to plan my day(s) around their lack of manpower. I do not want to be perceived as a squeaky wheel trying to be greased becasue I was very reasonable in my request to them. I have found other dealers who are able to repair my other pieces of equipment, as well as sell new pieces to me. I have not been able to find anyone sell me Hustlers or perform authorized warranty work for me. Is there someone out there? Do you intend to have any dealers in our area that are not linked to these folks? In the past I have found that poor customer service is usually a result of the corporate culture. That does appear to be the case here. Can you all help me? My other option is to start looking at other brands. The other dealer I have spoken with is ready to show me some stuff. He actually answers his phone as well. In the end I would like to remain on the yellow machine. Let me know.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please e-mail me your information along with this dealers information.
    We can find out what is going on here.
    Thank you.

Pj

3. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

You see, the problem did not begin with a piece of Hustler equipment. It began with a Stihl trimmer. Stihl has in fact directed me to another dealer. I do not need you to intervene to obtain service from these folks unless I need warranty work. If that where to occur I would not feel safe having my mower there. What I really need is to find a dealer that doesn't tell me to screw off because they have no competitor and thus no concern for smaller accounts. At first the service there was wonderful but ironically the rep went to work for Stihl. I even has a warranty issue and he changed my oil for free because he said I was so easy to deal with. It was a minor issue and allowed them to put it off until the winter season. As for who they are, I am not allowed to name a dealer on this site but you can find it by using Chesapeake's zip code of 23320. This is why I wrote. They appear to be the only Hustler dealer/repair shop in this entire area. The lady was quite nasty without provocation. The world has enough nastiness already. I do not want to fuel more of it with my dollars. I would prefer to keep this exchange public so others who have had the same problem can see how it is dealt with. I am not the only one.

4. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

What a shame to have people of that caliber as Hustler or any other brand of equipment dealers, those people would fit in a prison guard setting very well.
    People such as yourself are the ones that pay their bills and put food on their tables. The best place for a dealer such as that is out of business and it sounds like at the rate he is going it want be long.

5. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

I changed my mind on the FT Pro thing. I am better off right here where I am at, work wise that is. However, I still have the Hustler Fastrack and am using it on my large yard. Anyhow, to the point. I have not received a reply on this subject. I am now having a few hard starting issues. The starter tends to click and then stop. If I try it a few times it will respond and start. Before taking it to the dealer in question for warranty work, I will replace it this year with another machine.

It has been a while. Is there anything that can be done to get me away from this dealer? I bought Hustler on the service I expected to get from what I read on these boards. Unfortunately the dealer is a problem.

Please let me know.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me please.
    I can get you taken care of for sure.

Pj

7. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

The issue was broached on 12/17/2007. Finally this PJ person put me in contact w/ the rep from Philadelphia. This person was told not to share my info w/ the dealer yet he did. In addition, he said he would find another dealer for me. He also said it may be 100 miles away and if I did not like it I shold sell my machine. It has been months and no reply from either. I have posted this before and it was removed. Apparently paid advertisers are the real priority here?

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I have not deleted any of your posts, so I dont know where you come up with that, the only reason a post gets deleted or not put through is due to profanity, and I dont recall anything being profane in any of your posts.
    I put you in contact with the regional manager, the dealer tried working with you, I am told you refused, my rep suggested using a different dealer and he tells me you havent contacted him since??

9. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

"the dealer tried working with you, I am told you refused, my rep suggested using a different dealer and he tells me you havent contacted him since??"

First, the issue was the dealer. Please review the thread. Let's stay on the subject. The person you put me in contact w/ did not offer me any contact information. He said he would contact me. Then after not hearing from him I left a message for the dealer but no call was returned. Your rep speculated that the person hanging up on me at corporate was a disgruntled employee who falsley portrayed themself as the owner. I don't believe it but I am willing to pretend for fairness' sake.

This is why I broached this subject on this site. It is much cleaner when it is in writing and open to the public. I think if his conversation w/ me had been made public his statements would have a lot of impact.

I am not a kicker and screamer PJ. I was treated badly by the dealer. It doesn't even make sense.

10. VBsnow

VBsnow LawnSite Member

Test. Post did not publish.