Unusual Spring Heat

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Any of you guys/gal overwhelmed by the unusual Spring heat.

We are to set a record today in the mid 90's here in St Lewy.

I am used to the lower 70's in the Spring but high 80's to 90's from 40's is unreal just 3 weeks ago.
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

been in the 90's here as well. ive already got a tan going, and the grass has really taken off now.:D
  3. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

It was 89 here yesterday with about 90% humidity and getting hotter. :blob2:
  4. swn

swn LawnSite Member

Same here in KY also. That combined with the rain - you can almost watch the grass grow! Going from the 40's to the high 80's all at once makes it seem like about 140.
  5. proline32

proline32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 98383

I wish I had some of that heat, been nothing but cold and wet here in Wa state..... phone doesn't ring when it's like this. Last week we had a sunny day, I had 20 voice mails from folks wanting service.
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

yesterday it was 95 here, day before it was 92! today i think its only going up to 88 but its just a tad bit to hot for me, i dont mind it when its in the 80's but high 60's and 70's are perfect for me. I to am getting a nice tan going, and the grass is growing like crazy, i have to do mine everyother day to keep it looking nice (all that nice topsoil is making it wonderful), and i have been double mowing my lawns.
  7. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

2 weeks ago it was snowing, and now it's close to 90 degrees. This weekend it is supposed to drop to like 50 or 40 degrees.

In the Chicago land area, you experience 4 seasons often in the same day.
  8. lawnstudent

lawnstudent LawnSite Senior Member

Four days straight 85+ degrees F, sunny and windy. Been out aerating and all I see coming out of these lawns is dust; no cores. Need rain. Need cooler temps.

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence then move the fence.
  9. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Two and a half weeks ago we had a foot of snow on the ground from a big storm. The last two nights we have had Severe Thunderstorms. The temps have been 30 degrees above normal into the mid to upper 80's over the last week.

Toroguy very happy.

Back down to 50 tomorrow, but I can't complain the grass has taken off very nicely.
  10. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have already used a whole bottle of aloe vera on my poor sunburned legs and neck