Up State NEW YORK

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by BobR, Apr 1, 2003.

1. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Spent the day dodging rain showers in Amsterdam (did'nt work got real wet) managed to get 4 small accounts done but I am not proud of the way they look, they certainly needed doing, had the mowers set a 3" and still left a lot of lumps.. Weather forecast is a real winner too, 80% chance of showers tomorrow and 50% on Friday - Yipes
    It can only get better..
    BobR

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Howdy from Swain!
    I'm launching my new business, ark and ferry service.
    seems like it would float don't you think?
    When are we going to get a day of sun?

3. BobR

Hello Mr Ax Man, was just reading in the paper that this was the wettest & coldest May... Boy I can believe it, seems like every time I got caught up mother nature put in her two cents worth and I was in the hole again.. Amen on the Ark and Ferry business and maybe pontoons on the Z as well.
    BobR

4. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I think I am going to look for a few water buffalo or hippos to help with the mowing. This rain is getting old! Got caught in it twice this week alone. Maybe someone will make a hovering ztr soon. Boy would they be rich.

5. BobR

Hey Guys no rain today and I am going to make the best of it, I have a couple of accounts that do not mind weekend lawn service plus I have my own hay field to take care of..
    Enjoy The Day
    BobR

6. BobR

July 8 2003 -- It has been a while since we have had a decent rain so I am not complaining about the extra time off. My lawns have gone into Summer Mode and I have started spending time using the hedge equipment. Sold my Toro Z to another LCO, he will be using it as a backup machine, my other Toro (20 hp Hydro WB) has had a couple of bites but nothing serious, will be replacing both machines with a single Z probably an Exmark but I have not made my mind up as to which model (yet).
    BobR

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Hey fellas

Guess I am your long lost cousin in the south ;)

8. BobR

Us 'up staters' are a friendly bunch so WELCOME, We havent discussed much except for the rotten weather we have experienced but hopefully that will change. Made up my mind on the new Z, I decided on an Exmark Lazer HP - 23 Kawasaki, 52 cut. Ultra Vac, new style suspension seat and the wide tire option. I thought my Toro was the 'cats nuts' but this Exmark would run circles around it. Got a whomping 10 hours on it and so far I am completely satisfied.
    Later
    BobR

9. GLAN

GLAN Banned

The weather hasn't bothered us much. Worked through the rains in June.

In fact this is a cooler summer than the last 3

So............we liking it...............:)

10. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

Hi fellas.
    Glad to see you bought an Exmark Bob. You will love it. Let me know how you like the suspension seat, I am thinking of getting one. Why did you go with the 52" instead of the 60"? I love mine and have only had a few problems in the 3 years I have had mine. You will love the Ultra Vac for leaf pickup. Did you get it at H&M, or Emerichs? Love to stay and chat, but this spring grass in July is wearing me out and my bed and I have a date.