update of septic system locate

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Aug 27, 2010.

1. If the property was built over an old creek bed that was filled in that can also be a source. I had a buddy with major foundation and water problems in Carrollton, TX He went and found some old aerial photos of carrollton before it boomed and sure enough his house was built right smack in a filled in creek bed.

2. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

The house is very close to Buffalo Bayou but I don't think there was a creekbed there. The house was built in 1970, per the CAD, and the foundation is still in good shape.

Another thing, this problem didn't become apparent until she decided she didn't want grass anymore and turned the entire acre into a landscaped garden. Obvoiusly the shallower root zone of turf wouldn't be impacted by a very high water table. Prior to the re-landscaping project, it was entirely turf and native plants.

3. Buffalo Bayou........That brings back memories. The misquitoes used to swarm us at the Colt 45 games. One of the reasons they built the Astrodome.

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

you're asking all the right questions, you should solve the mystery early in the week.

bcg, i find that when testing a house for leaks from the meter i like to have everything on and slowly close the faucets, tubs, showers down to nothing.

this allows me to observe the flow.

with the irrigation, turn off the flow at the heads or plug/cap the riser/swing arm.

installing a meter in a loop ahead of the valves will give you indication of flow if you have a leaking lateral line.