Update on Bad Gravely Dealer here in MD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ProStreetCamaro, Jul 12, 2004.

1. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Some of you may or may not remember the thread from a couple weeks ago about when I called our Gravely dealer about a PM 44Z. For those that dont remember I will fill you in. I call about a price and the owner of the place tell's me this. "I refuse to sell that model of mower because it is JUNK and I would have a guilty mind and you the customer would be mad at me" Then he went on and tryed to sell me a 52" BushHog ZTR and babbled on about how much better is was then the Gravely. So somebody on here suggested I contact Gravely about the deal bad mouthing Gravely products. So I did just that and this is what I just received in my email today!

"Dear Mr. Bell,

Thank you for contacting Gravely. I apologize for your unpleasant experience at one of our dealerships. I have contacted the District Manager of the area to speak with the said dealership. You are correct, we would not like to have a dealer in your area giving Gravely a bad name. Thank you for your concern.

Melissa Marx
    Ariens Customer Service"

Looks like Taylor Lawn and Power is going to get an ear full.
    Personaly I have had a very very good experiance with Gravely mower's and that is why I went ahead and sent them an email about this bad dealer. I hop they pull there equipment from his shop and give a better shop around here the rights to sell Gravely equipment.
  2. draftlawncare

draftlawncare LawnSite Member

Taylor lawn probably will not here a word about . GRavely REps are pretty lame, they didnt seem to mind that my dealer was putting used parts on my mower and charging gravely for new parts, labor and shipping. Thats ok though because i run Exmark now. I would like to have 2 gravelys one to **** on, the other to cover it up with
  3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Why would you single out a dealer on a national forum when the company (Gravely) is trying to work with you, and they are trying to work with the dealer. What if one of your customers was very unhappy with your work during a week when weather was a problem, and they were very unhappy, but they called you and you said you would be there tomorrow to make it right. Then they turn around that very nite after the phone call and tell everyone that you provide no service, do not back up your service etc.
  4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Because maybe he knows the difference in someone having a quality problem due to bad weather and a dealer who is a creep deliberately badmouthing a line he carries.

The guy criticised the DEALER, not GRAVELY.

Gravely isn't injured a bit by his mentioning the dealership. I know of terrible Toyota dealerships, but I don't think less of Toyota's for it. I for one hope more people speak up about problem dealerships. There are way too many completely incompetent or sleazy people out there selling power equipment. The sooner they weed them out the better for all of us. One complaint by a disgruntled customer could be sour grapes, but if I hear numerous complaints about a dealership I will avoid it.
  5. ProStreetCamaro

Yes I LOVE GRAVELYYYY thats why what this dealer did pissed me off so bad.
  6. ProStreetCamaro

You are so very wrong. I just got this email today.

"Dear Mr. Bell,

The District Manager of your area, Jack Moeser, would like to speak to you on this matter. Please call him on his cell phone:

Numer deleted for privacy.

Melissa Marx
    Ariens Customer Service"

I just called him and he said that the dealer is telling him that they never told me that. I told him ohhhhhhhhh yes they did bad mouth gravely produts and out right said they were junk. He said that he will be calling them back in the next couple minutes and have a long talk with the owner and will probably be pulling the equipment from this shop!!! And he also asked me if I knew of any dealers here that would be interested in selling Gravely products. I told him a personal friend of mine sell's power equipment and he just might be interested and gave him my friends number and name. WOOOO HOOOOO I hope my bud get's Gravely equipment!!!! And I hope Tayler power rot's in @#$%@#
  7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

I hope this works out in the end for you and you end up getting the Gravely you want. Best of luck to you.

8. ProStreetCamaro

Thanks man. We found the mower we want at a dealer 40 miles from us. Pm 144Z for 4,999 so we are going there this weekend.
  9. Four C. Landscaping

Four C. Landscaping LawnSite Member

I have had a Gravley pro 36" 14 hp kawi and I have had a great experiance with my mower and have no complaints.It is a heavyduty mower that has performed very well.HOWEVER I must say that the Gravley dealer here in MA.are always trying to sell you more than you need and badmouthing the other equipment.My dealer sells Gravley-Bunton and Honda mowers.Maybe Gravley should go solo or check out there dealers a little closer.
  10. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Which taylor's are we talking about. There are two in maryland. If its the one in westminster, MD. I know why he said that. (I know the guy and for a sometime.) He has been selling equipment for 25+ years. He want to make sure you don't get screwed. Plus the taylor's in westminster is no longer going to sell gravely. They replaced them with toro and wright.