Update on client list I bought

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by DanaMac, Apr 23, 2004.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Many of you may recall I bought a guy's clients list last spring because he was retiring. It went well, the list had about 250 people and I only paid him a fee on the work we did for those people. Not a flat fee for the list. Worked ok but may have picked up more customers by advertising somewhere, and paid less money. But I'm happy with it.

This year I bought all of his remaining parts. Just never got around to it last year. And since he had gone to service only as well, there are many off the wall parts that can sometimes be a pain for me to find. Diaphragms for old valves, parts for Watts and Wilkins RPs that are not used that often here but you find them 1-2 times a year, 1.25 and 1.5 poly parts, and other not too often used parts. And of course all the regulars as well: Febco PVBs and RPs, valves, heads, poly and PVC fittings, pressure regulators, 2 valve boxes, nozzles galore (probably $300-$400 worth of nozzles), diaphragms, solenoids, 10 strand wire, copper fittings, etc. Plus all the tool boxes that he kept diferent things in and a Bore-it device as well.

I originally told him $850 but when we were filling up my truck i realized there was a lot more than I realized. Gave him $900. If ever piece was figured up and counted, there might be $3000-$4000 worth of parts (my cost, not retail or list). Some of these off the wall parts I may never use though, but I took them anyway. And I paid $50 for a snowblower that should only need a new fuel line. And he said if we can't get it running, he'll give me the $50 back. Forget that, Ill donate it to the Goodwill and put a $100 price for it on my taxes.

2. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like a deal to me, its always nice to have a huge nozzle selection