1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

UPDATE on "Credit Cards"

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Gatewayuser, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I called the company today and asked if I could buy the credit card machine which I can for only $550. Now I won't have to pay anything per month and all it costs is 1.79% and $0.20 per swipe. I think now I am getting a good deal because if I don't use it then I don't pay. Thanks for all the help!
  2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

If you need to buy the machine go to ebay and buy it at 1/3 the cost
  3. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, go to ebay and get the machine. Your CRAZY if u go with them on the machine.
  4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

What do I need to look for when buying one on eBay. Who would I set up the service with after I purchased a CC machine on eBay? Thanks.
  5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont know how many times a month you will take a card, but I do about 15-20. I use the call in method. I just call the card in to an automated line. It costs me $7 per month, and 2.25%+35cents per transaction. At $550 that machine will take a very long time to pay for itself, actually will probably be broken or outdated by then.
  6. Eclipse

That does not seem too bad. What company are you using?
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

reliant processing service. I found them by doing a search on the internet.
  8. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

One of the better ones i found was throught Lake City Bank.
    For virtual software it was a $45 setup, $15 month, $20 monthly minimum transaction fee, .10/transaction, and 3%/transaction. If your running around 40-60 transactions a month (only 10-15 a week) then i figured it was gonna cost around 3.5-3.8% to use it.
  9. Eclipse

Thanks. I will check them out.
  10. nherweck

nherweck LawnSite Senior Member

I pay 14.95/mo processing, 1.74%swiped +.22. I can also call in transactions when I'm on the run for something like a quarter or two. there is NO monthly minimum And the terminal is FREE OF CHARGE! email me if you want more info! nherweck@fiveguysandalawnmower.com