update on cub cadet tank

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnrangers, May 13, 2002.

1. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

just a little info on how they are holding up....we have 2, 1-m-60 1 m-54 no problems with the m-54 has 23 kawi---the m-60 25 kohlor, started giving trouble the 2nd day,carb trouble,bogging down on hills,missing..cub said faulty carb,they shipped one overnight,problem solved!!!we have logged over150hrs.combined,they are great machines, stripe great,the pivoting front axle,great.....now i know they are a painted lesco-mtd,but cub has really come up in the comm. line..love them better than my scag... they are not much on speed-9mph,but sacrifice cut quality over speed any day..the command cut system,1.5 overlap biggest in the industry..over all good machines....

2. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Like mine alot too, i have the M-60 w/23 Kaw. No problems as of yet. I have a employee that run scag for 2 yrs, says he likes the cub better. see ya

3. lawnrangers

lawnrangers LawnSite Member

you have m-60 with23 kawasaki? my m-60 came with either 25 kawi or 25 kohler....

4. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

Yes I got mine in, I believe June of 2001, they did not have the 25 Kaw in them yet, they offered the Kohlor, but the dealer only ordered them with the Kaw.

5. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

That's great for you guys but, the dealer here will not put an emphasis on commercial guys as far as repair goes. You go to the end of the line like everybody else. Nothing left to talk about. The only reason he's carrying them is that everyone has Cub Cadet now, like Lowes and I think Tractor Supply.