Update on equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Jul 1, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I talked to my dealer and said that a snapper rider is a good mower to use for my business so I'm getting one this fall. But what about blowers...... I saw a redmax 4800 and heard they stopped making it. It was 300 dollars. Is the eb7001 worth it compared to this one? The eb7001 is about 450.

2. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

sure any dealer will say xxxxxx is a great mower, just 2 ring up the sale.... make sure you don't make a purchase on a bias decision....

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Sift thru all of the stuff on here and then find a new dealer.

4. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

One of the local LCO's out here bought a brand new one. He let me ride it. Boy that thing was super sweet! Real smooth hydro system.

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I have a Snapper 53 inch ZTR.
    I like it and I think it is on par with the commercial mower industry.
    They all have there positives and negatives.
    I am however biased to Kawasaki engines.
    Redmax has excellent blowers.The big boy can be bought around here for 490.00 bucks.never priced the 7001.

6. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

is he talking commercial snappers or the rear engine riders???

7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

he is talking about rear engine riders.

I could go to each one of the dealers on the island, and they would say to me that the mower they carry is the best.

YOU have to make an INFORMED dicision to make sure that you get the right mower or blower. I have not ever seen the inside of the redmax engines, but I have seen inside the shindaiwa and stihl engines. imo, the shindaiwa is built better. so take it for what it's worth.

now the snapper commercila ztrs are pretty good machines, but also cost a lot more. ya get what you pay for my friend.

8. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

REDMAX 7001 is worth every dollar it cosr!It will get the job done.I'v used them all and it is out front by a mile or two......... :cool:

9. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Rear Engine Riders.....This kid is a joke, I happen to know him on another forum. Yes he is a "kid" 14 or 15. I do give him the credit for trying, but if you knew him you'd know what I'm talking about. Yes Snapper Scott a redmax 7001 would be a good blower and is worth every penny. :)

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Well the dealer said they had guys use them commercially and they were good. I also know some guy who just sold all of his lawn care equipment including a snapper rer. He really liked it. And anyway I hear a lot of lcos and homeowners say they are good. So I'm getting one. And a eb7001. Scag dude I would watch what you say because you were the one acting like a kid so don't bring up old news because you get it right back.