1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Update on Hats off to Permagreen

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Recently I posted the folks at PG offered to recon my centri at no charge.
    Everything went smoothly.
    I took the machine to a local Lesco and it was picked up there.
    I got the machine back yesterday and I can barely see any old parts at all!
    New engine, pumps, belts, transaxle, brakes have been up-dated and work!
    I really had to do a double take to see if they sent a new machine!
    All at no charge!

I'll put it through some paces today and tell you how it goes
  2. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

Have to chime in on this one too, Tom did the same for me and I thank him and his staff for stepping up to the plate and trying to correct some of the bad units, PG offered I never asked, I still like my new z-max for power but the door is always open with PG now. Thank You Tom.

3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Well I ran the centri the other day

Tom and pat did a great job.

The machine runs and spreads/ sprays (Ya the dandilions are up) like a champ.

Thank you Permagreen.

You have certainly opened a closed door.
  4. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

I just bought a perma green magnum this year. I had a few minor problems, it must have been built on a friday. When I set the calibration guage to 14 the holes looked huge, so I checked it with the hand guage, it was showing 22. As the number increased the holes decreased, evedently they have had several that were stamped backwards. I called on Wednessday and they said they would send out the new part, I just hope I recieve it soon, also the small muffler diverted is suposed to be rivited on , is just spinning around on 1 rivot, the pain in this is in order to re rivot this I need to drill out rivits on the guard blocking acess to it. I thought when you spend over 5,000.00 you would get a quality product, It makes me wonder what else is wrong. If you are listening perma green I would highly recommend a emergency brake to apply during transport, we have an enclosed trailer and even if we leave it in gear like the salesman said would work great, the machine moves everywhere. I would think they could incorporate a breaking system like a walk behing mower or rider, even if it costs an extra 500, or 1000. it would be worth it having a 5500.00 piece of equipment free rolling is a problem. Also any guys with the perma green I have a question about liquid application, I have only sprayed water to check the patterns. When set at an open pattern it sprays a very light mist, however when I select the narrow pattern it really soaks the area. I am curious of the mix rate for a liquid application. I thought the whole Idea of having 4 different nozzles was to achieve the same rate of application on narrow and wide spray. I am not sure if this is the way they all work or if mine is just missing another part, somthing is installed backwards, or just short a few more rivits.

Thanks for your help
  5. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Bill....great to hear! Also, great to know that the sponsors of the site care about our members! :cool2:
  6. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

As far as the break and trailoring, it should be strapped anyway. I will try to post a few pics of my set up. We welded a "bumper" on the front of my unit, then I pull into a piece of channel, welded on the trailer, 1 pin and it holds in place. For long distance, i throw a strap on as well. I needed the bumper anyway cause with the sides on my trailer the spinner & hopper would hit before the steel in front would. Yea i noticed the heavy spray on the trim nozzels as well, i never really had a need for the small nozzels. I will have to check my hole sizes.

There is always quirks in any piece of equipment/vehicles whatever. No man made product will ever be 100% satisfying to everyone. I am excited to gemine out othe lawn.
  7. Currinson

Currinson LawnSite Member
    from MA

Thanks for the reply, I purchased a enclosed trailer so I would not have to strap all equipment, I have 2 walkers, 3 ferris 48" hydros and 1 60" Lesco, I have never had to strap any thing, but you are right. I wasnt sure how to run a strap around the permagreen without damaging the unit, any pics would be appreciated, thank you for the help, other than the quirks I mentioned I like the machine it has cut my application time down by 65%, and I like the ability to close the third hole and use the deflector.

Take care