Update on "Last Laugh"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MowerMoney, Oct 18, 2006.

1. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

I posted last week about the lady who had me skip a cut whan it was 6" - 7" long, then cut it the second week when it was 8" - 9" long and I only cut it once leaving the yard a mess (she only wanted to pay for one cut). :hammerhead:

Well I stopped there today and asked her if I should cut it. Very nicely she said that I probably should. The grass was shorter now than it was 3 weeks ago when she told me NOT to cut it. She said that last week there were a lot of "bunchies" (her words) all over the lawn. After todays cut, it looked a heck of a lot better (the old "bunchies" got chopped up & dispersed). :cool2:

So apparently she did get the message and I did not have to drop her (yet). :weightlifter:

Some of you thought that this was poor practice, bad for my image, etc. And in a higher class area, I might not have done that. But I got to thinking, that the neighbours have seen me there all year and have seen the quality job that I have been doing all year (customer had even told me earlier that one neighbour had commented on her nicely cut lawn), so when/if they saw last weeks mess (front was not as noticeable as the back), they must have realized that something different was going on. And now they'll see the nicely manicured lawn again.

I appreciated "all" of your comments and opinions. Right or wrong, good or bad. That's what this forum is all about. Right? :drinkup: :waving: :drinkup: :waving: :drinkup:
  2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Well I guess you did teach her a "life lesson" then. Good on you no matter what I said to you before.
    it worked out fine for you this time.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Next time she's on a cost cutting spree, tell her to get a cell phone and do her long distance calling on that, instead of trying to put the pain on your back.:hammerhead:
  4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I am glad that worked out for you... so far. I have one customer that will call to skip once and awhile and i hate it since i know next time i will have to bag more or mulch more depending on the time of year.