Update on Testimonial for Commercial

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Feb 22, 2001.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Well we had our 15 minutes of fame.

Our first shot was a silent shot with me sitting on a Lazer Z, while Matt and sales associate were inspecting the front end of the unit.

For our speaking part, when we were being hooked up to the microphone, I specifically stated I had no desire to say anything. Well after the producer finished speaking with both of us, it was decided that I would be the speaker, and at the end Matt would pipe in and say one line.
    One line.
    Here's his one line: And the prices were unbeatable too.

Yep, that's all he had to say. And wouldn't you know it, he kept messing up his line.. LOL. (just kidding with you Matt, I know you will be reading this). But he will agree that he kept blanking out when it came time for him to say his line.

Everything we said for the commercial was true. They treated us nice, and their prices were good, so I don't feel like we misled anyone.

Anyway, after we finally got it right, they played it back for us, and I guess we looked ok. We wore hunter green polo shirts with our company name embroidered on them. They also said that they will put our company name at the bottom of the screen when we are talking.

It will be airing in March for 3 weeks, and we will be getting a copy of the tape.

It was kinda fun to do. At least we can say we took part in a commercial for tv. And we get some exposure, so I guess it can't hurt.

End of story. [​IMG]

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

congrats to the stars!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats Jodi and Matt :D

Will this be all over the USA, just in your area or what?

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Way to go Jodi and Matt. Im like Eric Will i get to see it? Hope so God Bless Marks Mowing Service

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's nice having your company name printed on the screen too! Now, when do the royalty checks start rolling in?:)

6. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

That wouldn't have been a commercial for Millers, would it?

7. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think that it was. I just saw it again, during the Eastern Confrence finals, on ESPN.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Hey,
    Been a long time since I saw this thread at the top. I don't know how I missed your question the other day. Sorry.

Yep, that's the commercial. I don't understand why it is still running. My sister-in-law called me the other day and told me that she saw it the other day. It was only supossed to run three weeks in March.

We only bought from them because of their prices. We checked other places like Crossroads, Fletchers and a few others, but Millers prices were the best. We did not buy there for service though. They are nice people there, but Matt basically ended up telling them features about their equipment. So for service no, price yes. We got leftover 2000's that were not used, so we bought them there.

Lets go PENS!!!

9. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

:blob3: Jodi :blob3: Jodi:blob3:

I guess you got 30 minutes of fame instead.