1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Update on the Lesco Ride-on

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Pilgrims' Pride, May 6, 2004.

1. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Broke yesterday.
    The welds that hold wheels and impeller assembly snapped.

I think it should have been braced differently but knowone asked me.

Lesco says they'll fix it right away.

I still am happy w/the machine.
    It did get the work done.

I'll let you know how quick it comes back.
  2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Pilgrims' Pride

I have looked at the machine and have serious questions about how long it will hold up. Presently I use a 1993 walker 20 hp with a Lesco Truckster. I replace the Truckster every couple of years and the electric motor about once a year. But the truckster is cheap enough to do that.

I do like some of the features of the new lesco spreader. Third remote and side guard work easily from the handle bars and can be none so on the fly.

I would like to see either a walk behind or rider that has the electric broadcast motor that turns continuously. I find there are area where the ability to drive up and stop before opening the flow gate is valuable. For transport I would prefer a lighter Walk behind made of Stain Steel.
  3. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

Lesco took care of things.
    No fuss at all.
    I dropped the machine of last night, they shipped it out for welding and I've got it back tonight.

I used my PG Centri today while the other was being repaired.
    We still don't like each other much. The thing is like an old mule.

I think if the Lesco could be reinforced in a few places and a little more stainless, it would be a very good machine.

I was working a property today that another company serviced last year. They used PG's there.
    There were many places that had never been treated because there's no way the PG would operate in those places.
    The Lesco moved through like a charm.

I'm still pleased and I need to put in a plug for Lesco too.

4. goforgreen2

goforgreen2 LawnSite Member

It seems like a nice machine, but don't understand why they didn't use more Stainless. Just another typical Lesco product, instead of making it right the first time, sell them then tweek them. In the mean time, they chase the business away.
  5. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

yeah, i second your thoghts gofor