UPDATE on "what is it woth?"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Aug 29, 2002.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

well guys and girls, thanks for some good advice. just thought i would share with you the outcome of this nonsense. this customer and i communicate mostly by email. after posting here and getting some advice(thanks again), i sent him an email explaining how i thought he was very rude and disrespectful, and that i am not his employee, etc, etc. i told him further how i arrived at this figure, and told him his service is being cancelled as of right this minute. also told him that we find his wife attractive and the things we say about her as we drive away(ok, i really didnt say that) but,guess what? at 8 am i find an answer to my email, it is an appology! and he says the check will go out today! moral of the story: im right, as usual! guys dont let your customers treat u like a punk, they are replaceable! stick to your guns, and if they dont comply, fire them! later dudes
  2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

good bobby . u know he will do it again ,but i think u gotim understanding how it is now.glad it turned out for u.:)
  3. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Glad it worked out for you. Just let the customer know your pricing plan ahead of doing any work in the future. Yes I know you gave him a contract but just "remind" the customers to avoid issues in the future.
  4. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Good Job! Sometimes I just don't have the guts to do that, but reading something like this helps me out. I am glad you stuck to your guns, and he broke. Did he want you to continue servicing the lawn?
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yup, he wants me to continue. and, his wife even sent me an email to apologize. im happy to have resolved this and every one is happy.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta love it when they come crawling back with their tail between their legs. Good job!!!! This puppy will be eating out of your hands from here on out!!!!