Update YOUR experience w/Cub Cadet Tanks (M48-KW?)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KyleKoehler, Mar 18, 2003.

1. KyleKoehler

KyleKoehler LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I want to buy a Cub Cadet Tank MJ48-KW this weekend for $5,600.00.

I test drove Husqvarna, BobCat, Exmark, and Tank this past week.

Tank was by far the smoothest driving machine of them all.

I have a farm with hills, trees and slopes. The 2003 models have a triple non-powered bagger which I will need for 4 weeks each fall.

I want to hear of good and bad experiences with the Tanks.

I see a lot of Exmarks, Scags, Toros and Bobcats on all the trailer rigs around town. I didn't like the way the Lazer HP drove. Bobcats don't have a good parts delivery track record around here and Scags are too expensive.

So let's hear about YOUR Tank experience. Talk me out of it... or talk me into it.

Thanks,
    Kyle
    Echo Ridge Farm

2. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Kyle,

Where in Ohio are you?? I'm in NE Ohio and I would strongly recommend that you try a Great Dane Chariot before you buy!

The Chariots are very popular up here and the company does an excellent job with parts availability etc.

I have heard of bad experiences with the Tank units. They have had some problems. MTD is not well known for parts access as well.

Try the new 2003 Great Dane Chariots...you'll love them!!

3. KyleKoehler

KyleKoehler LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I am between Dayton and Columbus. I don't know of any Great Dane dealers that sell the Chariots.

Give me an idea of what a Chariot w/19hp Kaw and 48" cut will cost.

Kyle

I am also interested in added a non-powered bagger for picking up leaves for 4 weeks in fall. Not interested in addeding a $2,000 bagger for 1 month of use on a $6k+ machine.

I was tempted to get a inexpensive Cub Z-force or $4k residential Husqvarna but the decks look like I could destroy them pretty easy.

What I really need is a 48" deck with non-powered bagger (and possible mulch but not necessary). Deck could be stamped if better than 10 gauge (like the Deere 7iron, 7 gauge deck). Could go 54" too, but will probably raise price too much

4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Kyle,

The Great Dane machine would be approx. $6200-$6700 depending on the dealer.

They are very well built machines and the company is owned by John Deere so parts availability is second to none.

I am sure there must be a Great Dane dealer in the Dayton market that would have the Chariots.....check the Great Dane website for your closest dealer.....www.greatdanemowers.com

Good luck!!

PS...Stay away from Husqvarna and MTD.....not the same quality as ExMark, Scag, Great Dane etc.....