1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stslawncare, Sep 24, 2001.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys just wanted to update u on my trailer project and ask a few questions.

i have gotten a big piece of diamond plate for free in new condition, its about 10x3. my trailer is 8x6, how do i go about cutting it? i feel this will be great to have on the deck for a few reasons. one for looks, two for traction, three for easy cleaning up of mud. has anyone else tried this?

i am planning on putting pvc on the front of my trailer (attach to front board which is 3' high), i was considering putting one on an angle on the corner, the bottom being towards the middle of the trailer and the top being at the front, allowing quick access to the most used tools instead of climbing in trailer for the others, would have one on each side. whats everyone thing?
  2. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

The cats meow would be to use a Plasma Cutter. Us poor folk use a Sawsall with a high quaility metal blade. Good luck!;)
  3. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Will cut it just fine, and then grind off the two edges you cut a bit.
  4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey, not sure how long the diagonal pvc would be, i would assume about 4'? the straight ones on the front will be 3'. so sawzaw will cut diamond plate?
  5. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Sawzall with a sharp blade is the way to go. A plasma cutter will leave a jagged edge, not as bad as a torch, but similar.

You cuold also add traction tape to areas you're stepping on.