Updated pics of overdig job

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by mbella, Aug 12, 2005.

1. mbella

mbella LawnSite Bronze Member

Here are some updated pics of the overdig job I posted a couple of weeks ago. Somebody asked what we were building. These pics should give a good picture.

2. mbella

For those that didn't see the earlier pics, here are a few.

3. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Nice job,

I like the courtyard effect.....you could have put a pool in the overdig area.
    O/T I finished a patio job today and the guy gave me a $250 TIP. :)

I was over your way in Lancaster and Strasburg a few weeks ago. Could easily live there....close to everything. Strasburg has awesome steam trains.

4. mbella

I've never received a tip. Maybe you're leaving too much money on the table :)

I guess, relatively speaking, Lancaster is our way. We are over an hour east of there.

I just looked back at the one pic (the one with the farm in the background) and you would think I was in Lancaster by that pic. This area is even better. Nothing but big houses going up everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. I love it.

5. kootoomootoo

"I've never received a tip. Maybe you're leaving too much money on the table"

Always mr. negative. Amazing what a few smiles will do.
    Actually the job before last I got a $100 tip for a $13,000 install.

**I might send a crew out to Gilbertsville, Reading and Lancaster next summer.

6. mbella

I smile all the way to the bank. No tip needed :D . Seriously, if you're getting tips on a $13,000.00 job, you're not charging enough. I'm kidding again, relax Mr. Positive. FYI, I'm so positive that one day it almost got me into a fight. I was at Wawa, meeting a friend, and I got out of my truck smiling, as usual. Another contractor was struggling with something in the back of his truck and we made eye contact. I was smiling, he wasn't. He thought I was laughing at him and got pissed. He said,"something funny." I said,"yeah, you."

If you send a crew to the Reading area, you'll have to deal with Chris from C&G, not me. We don't go there.

I missed the Gilbertsville part. Actually, we don't do much work there either. Maybe I'll have you install a walkway at my house. I'm not paying for a custom trip step though. I had to bust you're nuts on that one.

7. kootoomootoo

8. kootoomootoo

9. mbella

I think the consumers here are a little more educated. They might have questioned that :D . Who knows. You'll find out when your moblie crew starts paving here.

10. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

Why again Mbella did you have to dig all that up for a patio for those who don't know ?