Updated pics on recent renovation!!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mhussey, May 9, 2007.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

Here are the before, during and now pics of a renovation I done on March 28.

I wish I got a pic of the house up close at the flower bed or so called flower bed they had. It was just ran parallel to the house. I added a little curve to the house. I also engulfed the large oak tree with it. Please note that the customer supplied the plants. I just planted them.

Before, however a little work had been done to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Right after bed edging, spreading most of the pine needles( customer also picded these up. He didn't get the quanity I wanted.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics just took today!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow!

Could you explain the steps to planting the grass? I've never really wanted to know, and didn't know it would come up that nice.

3. mhussey

Sure I don't mind at all.

Phase 1.

I came in first and took a spring tooth harrow rake and really tore the ground up. Next I took a disk and disked everything out smooth and breaking up a lot of the hard clumps. I then raked over everything just to get the big rocks and everything out of the way.

Phase 2.

I new the soil need a lot of lime without even doing a soil test. So I just got right at 1 ton of lime to spread. I laid it on real thick with lime.

Then I measured the yard L X W and got my square footage for the amount of starter fertilizer and seed. I used the Southern States slow release brand starter fertilizer 18-4-12 something like that ( I'm not good with remembering numbers). Then I got about 75lbs. of seed. I use Confederate brand seed. It has one of the best germination rates I have found. It does excellent in sun and shade, and trust me I have tried some the cream of the crop seed brands on my yard and never had the results as this seed. Also this seed is way cheaper than the other brands. $79 for 50lbs and $43 for a 25lb bag.

Then I blew the straw on top of it. The straw I got was some of the best I have ever blew.

Then a little bit of mother nature and regular watering and now you see the finished product.

Thanks for the compliments. Keep them coming!!!!

Also note that the lawn has been mowed twice. It just got its 2nd mowing Monday by the customer.

4. Lawn_Boy

Lawn_Boy LawnSite Member

Very impressive...looks 110% better!

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Excellent job!:clapping:

6. mhussey

Thanks for all the complments guys!! This was my first renovation, so far I am really proud of it. :cool2:

7. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Very nice work ....They need to let you mow it ....Get some stripes in that turf

8. mhussey

Yea I would really like to mow it one time!! He is pretty passionate about him and his son mowing it so oh well. They cut it like a day or two before I snapped those pics, and I cut it like a week and a half before that. So it had already been cut twice.

I thought it came out pretty nice to only be about 6 weeks old.

I will be doing overseeding in fall and then fertilize again in spring.

9. mhussey

Yea I would really like to mow it one time!! He is pretty passionate about him and his son mowing it so oh well. They cut it like a day or two before I snapped those pics, and I cut it like a week and a half before that. So it had already been cut twice.

I thought it came out pretty nice to only be about 6 weeks old.

I will be doing overseeding in fall and then fertilize again in spring.

10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Came out awesome. good work.