updated Triton vs Turbo Force and why?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tb8100, May 6, 2008.

1. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

what are the advantages of the Triton over the Turbo Force? How about for the Turbo Force over the Triton? Please, keep responses factual and report firsthand experiences with either or both. I know the Triton spindles have quad bearings, but aside from spindles. Pulleys, strength, etc feedback would be fine too. Thanks!

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

If you go by the hundreds (thousands) of post I have read "Nothing". It is so rare to hear a complaint on the Tubo Force. Triton seems to be a love it or hate it deck. Even after being on the market for several years some just do not like the Triton and others swear by it. The Turbo Force seems to be a very good deck with few complaints, but few rave reviews either. That's just my take. I think Toro would be more popular if they promoted themselves like Exmark. The name Exmark just draws a lot of attention.

3. tb8100

from TX

Tacoma, what do you personally think about the Triton? How has it done for you?

Does anybody know if the Triton decks have a toolless adjustable discharge opening like Toro?

4. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

no, they don't have it. and everyone i talk to about it, they say they never use it and its not nescessary.

5. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got out of my Triton deck lazer z and am waiting to pick up my new Toro Z master either tomorrow or the next day,which i have also used a demo today. All i can tell you is that my Triton deck sucked if you ask me.

It would "dump" clippings in bunches like 12-15 inches away from the chute {not actual chute took that off} it would always leave a mess of clippings especially when wet and the turbo force does not.

The turbo force shoots the clippings into the last pass area or further. The Triton deck is much heavier and robs the engine power if you ask me also. Anyway i just like the Toro Z master better then the Exmark even though Toro owns exmark they are still different in many ways.

6. tb8100

from TX

Did you actually have an updated model? I've heard of some dealers still selling old Exmark mowers with the old deck as 2008 models...

7. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

yes all my updates were done before i bought it and it still sucked!

8. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Exmarks Ultra-cut Deck is hter best in my opinion and always will be. The triton deck seems to not throw the grass like the Ultra-cut. The turbo force deck will even throw wet grass very well.

9. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I must chime in on this one. Turbo force is hands down the best cutting deck period.
    The next closest is the ultra cut. Now the down side I dont know what it is but the pumps or the wheel moters on the toro seem sluggish compared to the exmark.

Triton is a debackle in PA pur crap. I have used and owned exmark and toro I have nothing to say bad about the turbo force.

BIGW make sure you get the turbo force deck with adjustable baffle.

10. tb8100

from TX

how about in Southern grasses like in Texas and Oklahoma?