Updated Website for your critique

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by M.C.L.C., Nov 29, 2007.

1. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

Ok, so we have updated our website and added a few new features, check it out and let me know what you think....good or bad all will be appriciated!!!!

www.michaelscompletelawncare.com

2. CFLS

CFLS LawnSite Member

I really like the site. The only thing that I don't like is the Services menu that is hard to navigate with everything moving around. I do really like the icons. How much of your business is coming in through your site? How long has it been up? I've been amazed at how many people are contacting me because of my site, especially this time of year. Right now my website is my only form of advertisement and 100% of the estimates that I do are generated by it.

3. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

We have probably half of our estimates come thru our site, and it actually generates a lot more....with the online estimator people have to put there email address in there before proceeding to the next step about their lawn, so i get all those email addresses sent to me for follow up. Its been up for over a year, but we always are updating it. I'm not a big fan of the scrolling menu either, but i didn't want the average..."services" sections where we just list everything we do and thats it, something different. I really have no other ideas besides the one we got. Did you try out the estimator? Its pretty cool, the icon is in the upper left corner if ya wanna play around with it. Notice if you tell it that you have very little to no landscaping it will advertise our landscaping to you on the final page! I love it. Anyways, any suggestion on the scrolling menu?

4. RedCastle

RedCastle LawnSite Member
    from MA

looks good..question what is the 4.1 for? in the title bar it says 4.1

5. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

With my page I used Featured Testimonial since I only planned to use one. You have only one listed but it says Testimonials - just a thought. Your site looks awesome though. How are you getting so much traffic into your site?

6. M.C.L.C.

M.C.L.C. LawnSite Member

There should be three testimonials on there....i have to check that out. As far as traffic goes, we have www.michaelscompletelawncare.com splattered all over everything....EVERYTHING. And if you go to yahoo and search for lawn care in wichita ks we are first on the list so i suppose that helps a lot too

7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

That's a pretty neat site. Very original.

8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

nice site, i didn't see if but if its not there see if you can have your designer put a button in so you can turn your music off. some sites make me close out right away when the music sucks. i like the xmas music but others may not. and if ya dont mind me asking what did the site set you guys back.. im in desperate need to redo our site....

9. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

The layout seems to looks as nice as usual.

But due to the Flash, it was playing like a broken record at our end today.

And we have quick internet cable.

Ever played an old 45 or record disc that was scratched badly and the needle skipped track? The sound was like that, but the picture was mostly clear.

Will check it again this afternoon to see if it plays differently that time of day.

10. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

You have to have the right keywords and html codes in the right places to have your sight showing up first in a yahoo search for landscapers in your area. That is a HUGE deal whether you realize it or not and I dont believe you are lucky. You or your hosting company did something right to make that happen. So who hosts/built your site?