Updates to Lawn Solutions WB Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by LawnSolutionsCP, Feb 18, 2009.

1. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Due to comments from customers on Lawn Site we have made a few changes to our new walk-behind aerators.

As requested we have made the following improvements to our new walk-behind aerators.

Speed: increase from 4MPH to 4.6MPH
    Sulky: Yes, we have added the mounting for our sulky that is used on our seeders.

My question for LawnSite member.

Our current walk-behind seeder is 21" aerating with with 6 rows of tine w/ 3.5" spacing making it the closest (should be closest) tine pattern in the industry. With th tight spacing you would only need to make 1 pass over a lawn.

With our current speed and easy of maneuvering we can do 1/2 acre per hour, actually more, but don't want to overstate anything.

Is there a need for a 24.5" machine? We don't think so because our current 21" machine is already so quick and productive. Our current machine is also only 30.5" wide allowing it to fit through even 32" gates.

We have looked at making a 24.5" machine for another $500 cost but would lawnsite members be interested in a machine this size. I would expect most to go with the 21" machine or 28" ride-on.

Looking for input.

Thanks

David

2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I don't think it would be worth the r&d you would have to put into it, and such. like you stated 21" is a good size for most applications, anything bigger people will probably want the ride on anyways. IMHO.

3. sclawndr

sclawndr LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't bother if I were you. The whole point to a walk behind for me is to use it on spaces where I can't run my ride-on aerator. Your machine is perfect the way it is.

4. lovelawns42

lovelawns42 LawnSite Member

David,
    When the aerator is turn off, are the wheels in neutral or are they locked up like the seeder? The reason why I ask is because I do some door to door aerations in the spring and would need a machine that I could push up and down the streets.

5. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

It rolls very easily.

6. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

That is what we were thinking, but all the other manufacturers make a 24"-26" machine.

7. cod8825

cod8825 LawnSite Senior Member

David:

I am young and full of energy and most of my yards that I do have large gates and such so I would be interested as it would allow me to do yards even faster. But that is my opinion.

Matt

8. modedicebox

modedicebox LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the 21 and ride on in you arsonal, man your productivity and profits would skyrocket. Especially being a solo or 2 man operation. Comparing the productivity to using a monster lesco unit all day, your beat.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I LIKE THE IDEA OF Fitting through the small gate so i would buy the small machine
    and you said the sulky will fit it now so why not ride also

10. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going to be in the Delaware area anytime this spring? I would love to demo either one but mostly interested in the ride on. I know there are a few other guys on this site that work in the area that have requested a demo.