Updates to the new truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Mar 15, 2010.

1. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

also please get pics of the coating in the day time.

2. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

Looks very good! You take a lot of pride in your equipment!

3. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Looks very nice there deere! Totally changed that plain jane truck and I bet that didnt cost ya too much...
    I had a really good write up of doing the roll on bedliner over on another forum but it got closed and cant find the posts now. Stuff is pretty easy to do and you can get them lines pretty straight yourself if you have half of a steady hand. I had it on my zr2 that I just sold because the mud tires would throw so much rocks and debris up on the paint. You definately improved what it woulda looked like with a bunch of chips and that doesnt affect the resale value much since soo many people are interested in doin that themselves. Makes me want the cab lights for my new dodge even more!!!!

4. Z-master man

Z-master man LawnSite Senior Member

I might be imaginaing things but at one point weren't you cosidering a dump insert for that truck? Looks Good!

5. RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

thats awesome! the previous owner of my truck did the same thing, and you can tell it has really helped, for a 16 year old chevy in the road salt capitol of the country, its in REAL good shape. The only thing they did that pisses me off is they did the fender flairs which are now peeling and they look like crap. oh well. cab lights look good too!

6. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I have seen it done on other trucks liked it, and it offers protrection from rust/chipping. Also I like the look of it-trying to make my trucks stand out more than others is the idea. I plan on keeping the truck for a while so I will be good
    Details for you guys and anyone else-I used herculiner bed liner in a 1gal can and rolled it on. Stuff is about $90 for the kit but only used half a can and I did a pretty big area so if yours is smaller you might be good with a quart or 2
    Used the air sander and sanded all the paint to scuff it up some-cleaned up all the dust, taped it all off nice then just rolled away. After that I rolled the insides of the bed-areas I couldnt get to I used spray bedliner. Took the tape off, cleaned up any edges and let it dry overnight.
    If you have any other questions ask away.
    I have some nice pictures outside with the lettering on also, I will get them up here in a bit
    Thanks, I try to, I just get so mad when I put a dent of scratch in something!
    Thanks! That was the plan to make it stand out from the crowd. Yes it was pretty easy. Cab lights were not to bad I had directions off the net of exactly how to do them plus I had the factory wiring harness
    Still am, I got my dump trailer for mulch and stuff for now, but if I get a new place to dump stuff like grass leaves brush etc I will be looking into them more
    Thanks, Yeah I chose not to do the fender flares I rather just shine them up with some armor all

7. deere615

Lettering-plus you can see the bedliner stuff a bit better
    lettering passenger side door.JPG
    lettering passenger side.JPG
    lettering passenger bed.JPG
    lettering drive bed.JPG
    lettering tailgate.JPG

lettering passenger side door.JPG

lettering passenger side.JPG

lettering passenger bed.JPG

lettering drive bed.JPG

lettering tailgate.JPG

8. deere615

And finally put tow mirrors on
    new mirrors on ground.jpg
    new mirror back.jpg
    new mirror driving.jpg
    both tow mirros on.jpg

new mirrors on ground.jpg

new mirror back.jpg

new mirror driving.jpg

both tow mirros on.jpg

9. Topilandscaping

Topilandscaping LawnSite Member

looks sharp, we have the same truck but blue. i was thinking of putting the tow mirrors on. Also i but herculiner on my trailer and it holds up awesome. Not sure if thats what you used it looks similar.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

cant from the pics, but how would you say the coverage in the bedliner stuff is? is it nice and uniformed looking, or is it blotchey, and can you see roll marks?