Updates to the new truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Mar 15, 2010.

1. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

yep thats what I used seems like pretty tough stuff.
    There is absolutely no roller/brush marks its a little bit hard to get the little chunks of rubber perfectly even but then again they are not supposed to be. I will try and get a close up for ya tomorrow

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

your the man! i have been wanting to do this to my truck for a LONG time but just never had the balls to try it.

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

also where did you buy the kit?

4. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

How much you have to give for the new style mirrors, I want to add those also. And were the holes marked for your cab light. Im about to order some this month!!

5. Jpeg lawn maintenance

Jpeg lawn maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Truck looks really good bud the tow mirrors make it stand out and the lettering looks real good to.

6. deere615

Advanced auto but most auto stores have them. It comes with a gallon of stuff 2 rollers a brush and a scuff pad(I used an air sander)
    I paid like $212 for the pair off the net brand new but these are manual ones
    Thanks

7. Topilandscaping

Topilandscaping LawnSite Member

yeah man the truck does look awesome. Did you use the Xylethol or whatever its called to prep it first?

8. deere615

Its really not that bad. I put to coats on but it goes on nice and thick. Heres 2 pictures for you
    bedliner sides close up.jpg
    This one you can see where it is messed up a bit-there is less chinks of rubber in one area. That was the worst spot but it really doesnt look bad at all in person. Biggest thing is to just keep the can mixed cause the little chunks of rubber will want to settle to the bottom
    bedliner sides close up little messed up.jpg

bedliner sides close up.jpg

bedliner sides close up little messed up.jpg

9. deere615

Yep thats the stuff I think its called they tell you to use. After sanding and wiping off dust I just gave it a quick wipe with a little bit of that stuff

10. Topilandscaping

Topilandscaping LawnSite Member

yeah it really looks good on the truck. im gonna get some more and do my bed soon