1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Updates to the new truck

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by deere615, Mar 15, 2010.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Holy crap Brad. That looks great. I'll be working on cleaning my truck up like that next year, but I wanted to do the trailer first. You do good work on vehicles. You should be real proud of that.

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks, yeah I like it
    Thanks Tim! Yeah I try to but they just end up getting dented and sratched so easily:cry:. Doing all this is what happens when I dont have a ton of work right now... I have spent way to much this month already!

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I heard that man...I'm just living one day to the next waiting for work that's not coming fast enough!

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

your truck looks really good with that stuff on it

5. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

The bedliner on the side of your truck looks crooked.................jk

6. deere615

Thanks
    you must of been having one of these after work:drinkup: lol Its not perfect But it turned out straighter than I thought it would, the straight line all the way done was real clean when I took the tape off but a few other places needed a bit of cleaning up.

One thing I didnt mention before that I did was take the tape off right after you are done painting it on this way its easy to clean and mess up

7. A.Landscaping

A.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

The truck looks real good! :drinkup:
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I hope that Herculiner holds up better on your truck than my trailer floor. It's better than paint, but it looses its shine quickly and it's starting to come up in small spots. It's a lot softer than the professional spray in stuff.

How hard were those cab lights to wire/install?

9. deere615

Thanks!
    This stuff seems real strong but I got a half of can if it every needs touched up, I think it will hold up good because its not seeing the beating like a bed or floor would

Lights are easy like I said before i had the wire harness and jsut had to drill the holes runs wires maybe 3 hours or so

10. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 LawnSite Member

It looks awesome the way you did it! I've been tempted to do the rubber coating to the rocker panels after I send it to the body shop. I also completely understand what your saying about getting angry when you put a dent or a scratch in something. I get the same way, it's my time and money, and it's my personal truck too to keep looking nice. Keep up the good work!