Updating Company Name

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by weissihm, May 5, 2012.

1. weissihm

weissihm LawnSite Member

We started our company in 2004 installing lawn sprinkler systems. We never thought we would do anything but that. However, in 2008, we purchased a lawn care company with many customers. At first we kept both company names as not to alienate any customers during the transition. Now I think it is time to rebrand and update our name to reflect everything we do and could do.

Our current registered LLC is Pudenz Irrigation, LLC, our lawn care division is a dba Grasscapes. I am thinking of creating a dba Pudenz Lawn Service and just having one logo for everything.

I already keep track of the two division separately in our accounting, so I am not worried about that part of the change. I am looking for input as to how to best inform our customers, timing, any advice from others who have done this.

Thanks

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

To make the transition go smooth I'd change the name to:
    Pudenz Grasscapes and Irrigation.

As for the customers the simple answer is that the two companies merged.

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I like Grassscapes, but I am biased.

4. TurfsUpLawns

TurfsUpLawns LawnSite Member

I agree I like that change.

5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Pudenz Lawn & Irrigation, LLC

6. t608

t608 LawnSite Member
    from RI

I agree with every one as well.

There is a big sprinkler company here that just bought a lawn care company. They have two names one is shore line sprinklers and the other is shore line lawn services.

7. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

Grasscapes is easier to remember. If someone said you should call Pudenz I would probably forget the name by the time I thought to call. Of course I really can't remember what I ate for dinner so maybe I'm a bad test case.