Upgrade a Z-force to an Exmark???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Isanti Lawn Man, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Isanti Lawn Man

Isanti Lawn Man LawnSite Member

I know this probably is a dumb question but I have the opportunity to upgrade my Z-Force Cub Cadet with a 50" deck to a 2006 Exmark lazer Z HP with a 23 hp kawi and a 56" deck, and 305 hours. Think I will notice a big difference or that it will be worth the $4,000 to trade??? I have about 6 big commercial properties (over 2 acres of grass each) and about 25 residential properties. I have a Cub 44" Z-force that I will keep along with my walk behind for the residential's but think the Exmark would help the operation.

I need someone to either talk me into it or out of it.

Thanks!

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know what the Exmark is worth. But I think I would just try to buy it outright if that is what you want. Maybe some one will chime in with the value of the Exmark. I never trade one in. I just buy and sell the old equipment if necessary, you usually come out better if you have the patients. If your going to have to borrow the money I would consider going new with so many company's offering low financing, not to mention a warranty.

Coming from family in sales I know often you basically are giving your tade in to them. They will sell it and make profit , so you might as well be the one to make the profit.